IGEP GST FRAMEWORK 3.00.00
From IGEP - ISEE Wiki
IGEP gst framework it's based on TI DVSDK. It's modified version for provide all DSP essential packages and the gstreamer DSP plugin for use it in IGEP platforms.
Changes From 2.00.20
- Upgrade Texas Instruments codecs, now it support for DM3730 - 720P.
- Support linux kernel 2.6.35.y and Linaro 2.6.35.y.
- Added the psp directory with linaro & isee kernels 2.6.35 (default build linaro kernel)
- Added GFX SDK 4.03.00.01
- Added in Rules.make the "platform" variable, you must select between: omap3530 or dm3730
- ISEE Toolchain poky-eabi-glibc-i586-arm-toolchain-sdk-3.2.1.tar.bz2
- linux kernel 2.6.35.y and Linaro 2.6.35.y, now included with this package.
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
- Automake 1.7 and Libtool.
- SDK: alsa-dev_1.0.20-r1_armv7a.ipk (Now included inside the directory: tools/package)
The package is available at the ISEE Official site, at the IGEPv2 download area.
How to Build
You should edit the file Rules.make for edit the package path, linux kernel and toolchain location.
Your igep-gst directory path:
Your toolchain directory path:
Now the kernel it's included with this package you don't need to change anything if you wish build the linaro kernel.
You have two options: build all or every package individually.
a) All packages
b) One package
make dmai make gst make dsplink ...
For clean the build you should execute:
make dmai_clean make dsplink_clean make gst_clean
$ make linux_kernel dsplink cmem lpm sdma codecs dmai gst_ti opengldemos
Copy the "target" directory inside your IGEP board ( rcp * email@example.com: )
Inside IGEPv2 board you should copy the gst plugin inside the plugins directory, normally inside /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10
We included some files for configure, load and unload the kernel modules as loadmodules.sh and unloadmodules.sh
You should call the loadmodules.sh script before you can execute gstreamer.
You should configure the max kernel memory to 430MBytes for do it you should pass the variable mem=430M to the kernel.
This is a suggested configuration: bootargs-base=mem=430M console=ttyS2,115200n8 console=tty0 omapfb.mode=dvi:1280x720MR-16@60 vram=32M omapfb.vram=0:8M,1:16M,2:8M
Issues detected in this version
- make clean (dsplink) not work properly and it's necessary to do a make dsplink_clean for ensure all it's compiled correctly and remove the kernel modules from the dsplink directory.
- gstreamer plugin directory "gstreamer-ti_svnr884/src/gstticodecplugin_dm3730" must be removed the first installation time (manually).
- Typo in Makefile. "linaro_linux" must be changed to "linux_linaro". Otherwise "make linux_kernel" fails.