Pre-installed software on IGEP Processor Boards
From IGEP - ISEE Wiki
If you have a brand new IGEP Processor Board you must know that it comes with a firmware provided and installed on it by ISEE.
By default, if you power up your board it will run the software on the flash. But you can prepare a MicroSD card and boot from it by inserting it to the MicroSD card reader of your IGEP Processor Board, as it has more priority than the flash.
The pre-installed software consists of a minimal Linux-based distribution with a lite X Window System and GNOME Mobile based applications created with Yocto Platform Builder.
About the pre-installed software
The pre-installed software consists of:
- IGEP X-loader: a bootloader compatible with all IGEP Processor Boards.
- IGEP Kernel: a Linux Kernel maintained by ISEE.
- IGEP firmware Yocto: the software distribution consists of a lite X Window System and GNOME Mobile based applications created with Yocto tools
For more information about these specific sotware, read the following articles:
Other useful articles:
- How to create a SD-card with the latest software image
- Update the PRE-INSTALLED software
- How to Create a bootable MicroSD card for IGEP devices
|If you have any question, don't ask to ask at the IGEP Community Forum or the IGEP Community Chat|